Do you know these words connected with media and technology? They are some of the most important words to learn in English and were all added to the Oxford 3000 word list when it was relaunched this year.
Use the words to fill the gaps in the sentences. You may need to change the form of the word. Look up the words in Oxford Learner’s Dictionaries and use the information in the entry to help you. You will not need to use all the words.
app blog download edit headline IT laptop listener modify poster reporter robot scan update viewer virtual visual news
1. The scandal was in the _______________ for several days.Click here to reveal the answer.
2. You can read about my trip in my __________.Click here to reveal the answer.
3. She works as a _____________ for BBC news.Click here to reveal the answer.
4. There were election ______________ in all the windows.Click here to reveal the answer.
5. You can _____________ the file and ___________ it on your computer.Click here to reveal the answer.
6. The software we use has been specially ____________ for us.Click here to reveal the answer.
7. The TV interview attracted millions of ______________.Click here to reveal the answer.
8. Please ___________ the documents and attach them to your email.Click here to reveal the answer.
9. This week we are reviewing the latest smartphone _______ for travellers.Click here to reveal the answer.
10. Remember to ____________ your antivirus software to make sure you have the latest version.Click here to reveal the answer.
How many did you get? Let us know in the comments!
Try our Travel and Transport vocabulary exercise using words from the Oxford 3000.
Here are 50 more words connected with Media and Technology in the Oxford 3000*:
access, cable, click, command, computer, connect, connection, crash, data, device, digital, disk, display, document, electronic, email, equipment, file, install, internet, journalist, key, keyboard, machine, mail, media, medium, message, mobile, monitor, mouse, network, newspaper, online, page, phone, press, printer, program, record, recording, screen, signal, software, speaker, technology, telephone, virus, web, website
*The Oxford 3000 is a list of the 3000 most important words to learn in English. The keywords of the Oxford 3000 have been carefully selected by a group of language experts and experienced teachers as the words which should receive priority in vocabulary study because of their importance and usefulness.
it’s very interesting . i will hopes it more and more
I’m a teacher and I was having a look at the activities before recommending them to my students. I cannot find the way to fill the gaps with the words proposed, so I was wondering if it works properly or if it’s me!!! Thanks.
Great, thanks for recommending our gap-fill exercises to your students! You can click on the answer button to find the word that fills in the gap.
You can create your own word gap exercises using the OALD 10 text checker -> https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/text-checker/
Copy and paste the text into the box, and you can then make a word gap activity out of the results.
Hope this is helpful!
The answer to the first question is “news” when you click to reveal the answer – but the word “news” is not in the list of words you provide for the gap fill.
Good spot! Thanks for letting us know, I’ve corrected that. ^Alex