Do you know these words connected with business? They are some of the most important words to learn in English and were all added to the Oxford 3000 word list when it was relaunched this year.
Use the words fill the gaps in these sentences. You may need to change the form of the word. You will not need to use all the words. Look up the words in Oxford Learner’s Dictionaries and use the information in the entry to help you!
1. The next item on the ___________ is the publicity budget.Click here to reveal the answer.
2. A high ____________ of the staff are part-time workers.Click here to reveal the answer.
3. Not many people agree with the government’s __________ that the economy will improve.Click here to reveal the answer.
4. The company has no serious ______________ in this area.Click here to reveal the answer.
5. A large part of the job involves routine _____________.Click here to reveal the answer.
6. Administration ___________ much of my time at work.Click here to reveal the answer.
7. Most of our ___________ comes from the government.Click here to reveal the answer.
8. Our __________ goal is to reduce operating costs by 10 per cent.Click here to reveal the answer.
9. The company spends a lot of money on ___________ hospitality.Click here to reveal the answer.
10. The festival organizers are trying to attract corporate __________.Click here to reveal the answer.
How many did you get? Let us know in the comments!
Here are 100 more words connected with business to learn from the Oxford 3000*:
account, advertising, agency, agent, assistant, balance, bank, board, boss, branch, brand, budget, capital, career, chair, client, colleague, commercial, commission, company, compete, competition, competitive, consumer, contract, cost, credit, customer, cut, deal, debt, deliver, department, director, discount, distribute, distribution, earn, economic, economy, efficient, employ, employee, employer, executive, expand, export, fail, failure, finance, financial, firm, fund, global, goal, growth, hire, import, income, industry, insurance, interest, invest, investment, labour, launch, loss, manage, management, manager, market, marketing, operate, operation, partner, per cent, plan, producer, product, production, profit, project, promote, publicity, purchase, risk, routine, salary, sale, sector, service, staff, stock, store, strategy, supply, target, tax, trade, trend
Keep practising! Try our Cultural vocabulary quiz.
*The Oxford 3000 is a list of the 3000 most important words to learn in English. The keywords of the Oxford 3000 have been carefully selected by a group of language experts and experienced teachers as the words which should receive priority in vocabulary study because of their importance and usefulness.