Renewable energy is energy that is replaced naturally or controlled carefully and can therefore be used without the risk of using it all up. Renewable sources of energy include wind and solar power.
Fill the gap in each sentence with one word or expression from the box. Look up the words in Oxford Learner’s Dictionaries and use the information in the entry to help you.
1. Biodiesel is a type of ________________ made from plants.Click here to reveal the answer.
2. _______________ energy comes from heat that is stored deep in the Earth.Click here to reveal the answer.
3. Most of the country’s ________________ energy is from wind power.Click here to reveal the answer.
4. ___________ power is a way of harnessing energy from the sun.Click here to reveal the answer.
5. ______________________ power stations are built near lakes and rivers in the mountains.Click here to reveal the answer.
6. The city has a new fleet of buses that run on ____________ from food waste.Click here to reveal the answer.
7. This offshore ______________ supplies 450,000 homes with electricity.Click here to reveal the answer.
8. Some _______________ are located on land and others are located at sea.Click here to reveal the answer.
9. We have installed ________________ on our roof and they produce almost all our electricity.Click here to reveal the answer.
10. The country is planning to construct 50 dams for the generation of _______________ .Click here to reveal the answer.
How many did you get? Let us know in the comments!
You can build your topic vocabulary with the groups of words related to the environment, such as renewable energy, in this mini-dictionary.