Conservation is the protection of the natural environment Do you know the words linked to conservation?
Fill the gap in each sentence with one word or expression from the box. Look up the words in Oxford Learner’s Dictionaries and use the information in the entry to help you.
1. Buses and trains are more _______________ than cars.Click here to reveal the answer.
2. _________________ have urged individuals to make changes to their lifestyle.Click here to reveal the answer.
3. Many tropical rainforests are undergoing serious ___________________.Click here to reveal the answer.
4. The Amazon rainforest is one of the world’s richest and most diverse ____________.Click here to reveal the answer.
5. The group is campaigning for stricter laws on environmental ______________.Click here to reveal the answer.
6. The number of people committed to living a ___________ lifestyle is on the rise.Click here to reveal the answer.
7. There are concerns about the ____________________ impact of the festival.Click here to reveal the answer.
8. They are working on a ________________ project to protect tigers.Click here to reveal the answer.
9. They have established a ______________ around the city and there are dozens of parks.Click here to reveal the answer.
10. Threats to the animals’ survival include the destruction of their natural ___________.Click here to reveal the answer.
11. This corner of the planet is a paradise for _____________ lovers.Click here to reveal the answer.
12. To protect endangered animals and plants we need to ______________ their habitats.Click here to reveal the answer.
13. Customers can choose fish from ______________ fisheries to ensure the stocks are not depleted.Click here to reveal the answer.
How many did you get? Let us know in the comments!
You can build your topic vocabulary with the groups of words related to the environment, such as conservation, in this mini-dictionary.
Why not try our Waste and pollution (A1-B2) vocabulary exercise too? Or try a more challenging activity with our Conservation (C1-C2) words?