Conservation is the act of preventing something from being lost, wasted, damaged, or destroyed. It is the protection of the natural environment Do you know the words linked to conservation?
Fill the gap in each sentence with one word or expression from the box. Look up the words in Oxford Learner’s Dictionaries and use the information in the entry to help you.
Fill the gap in each sentence with one word or expression from the box.
1. Much of the site is now a _________________ where you can spot wildlife including foxes, butterflies and buzzards.Click here to reveal the answer.
2. The council will conduct a _________________ of its activities in order to fully understand their impact on the environment.Click here to reveal the answer.
3. The deliberate destruction of the forest has been branded an act of ________________.Click here to reveal the answer.
4. The National Park is a good example of how ________________ can have a positive impact.Click here to reveal the answer.
5. There has been a huge rise in youth activism and ____________________.Click here to reveal the answer.
6. This island in Dublin Bay was Ireland’s first official bird ____________________.Click here to reveal the answer.
7. Visitors to the island are stunned and amazed to see the rich ________________.Click here to reveal the answer.
How many did you get? Let us know in the comments!
You can build your topic vocabulary with the groups of words related to the environment, such as conservation, in this mini-dictionary.
Why not try our Waste and pollution (C1-C2) vocabulary exercise too? Or try an easier activity with our Conservation (A1-B2) words?